What is Pressure Washing?
Pressure washing or power washing is the term uses for using high pressure water and cleaning fluid to remove dirt, build up, mold, dust, and fungus from hard surfaces. While the term pressure washing is used, not all pressure washing using very high-powered water to achieve the results. Most professional pressure washers use pressure washing equipment that uses just the right pressure without damaging property.
Areas of Your Home or Property That Can Be Pressure Washed
There are many areas of your home that can be washed with power pressure. Many hard surfaces such as concrete, brick, vinyl siding, hard wood, stone and more can be pressure washed. We recommend doing a small test on painted surfaces to see if they can be pressure washed without stripping the paint.
Benefits of Pressure Washing
Keep your home or commercial property looking its best! Pressure washing is the key to getting to the bottom of the dirt, mold or any build up that has accumulated on your exterior surfaces. When you use the right equipment and cleaning solutions, you will be able to clean the hard-to-reach areas of your property without the need for ladders. You keep your home clean for longer periods of time. When you use the right cleaner, you can remove mold and build up and prevent it from returning
Maintaining Your Property: How Often Should You “Deep Clean” The Exterior of Your Home or Residential Property?
This is one question we get often. Our recommendation is to deep clean or pressure wash your exterior surfaces at least every 2 years. A good quality cleaner (and a professional cleaning) will last at least 2 years. This way, you can prevent build up and keep your property looking great year after year.
DIY Home Pressure Washing Tips (and Precautions)
- Use the right pressure washing and cleaning solution! To us, this is the most important part of the pressure washing process. You’ll want to be sure the cleaning solution you use in the pressure washer does more than just “bleach” your home. Bleaching is not the same as cleaning!
- Use the right pressure washing equipment! Next to using the right cleaning solution, the right equipment is also very important!
- Use the right pressure! Some DIY kits are simply too powerful for cleaning home surfaces. If the pressure is too strong, you risk etching brick or concrete, destroying paint, and even damaging windows and screens.
- Use the right distance between your pressure washer and your home!
- Use pressure washing on the right surfaces! As we mentioned above, pressure washing is great for hard, non-pourous surfaces such as brick, concrete and siding.
If you have the right equipment, solution and an understanding of how to clean your property with pressure washing, you can do a good job. However, our #1 precaution if you attempt to do this yourself is to be safe! If you truly want to pressure wash your whole house or office building, you will need to be able to reach the uppermost areas of your property. Many people think they should use a ladder to get to the top of the home and other hard to reach areas. This is dangerous. Holding a pressure washer and balancing yourself on a ladder is not impossible, but we do not recommend it. That’s why the proper pressure washing equipment is essential. The safest way to pressure wash hard to reach areas is with a far-reaching hose and nozzle. If you choose to take the do-it-yourself approach to pressure washing your home or office building…please be safe!
Of course, as a Professional Pressure Washing service, we have seen the benefits of giving your home or residential property a deep clean. If you have a home, rental property or office building and would like an estimate for professional cleaning and pressure washing services, we welcome your business! Give us a call today.